Tales of a Ninth-Grade Molly

I'm Molly-- a nice Mormon girl who tries hard not to wear ugly pants. If you're feeling masochistic, entrench yourself in my tame, frustrated, fry-eating existence.

Monday, sept 16, 7:00 PM

I have them. Finally. I will no longer be scrappy, highwater, died-with-red-socks Molly.

I will now be cute Molly, owner of the Perfect Pants.

We had a break from practice today (owing to mass lingering injuries from Saturday's massacre)and Mom agreed to take me to Butte city to buy the pants. She did some eyebrow raising and nose wrinkling, but that's just her job. I mean, if I had a daughter who was about to spend 50 dollars, the equivalent of two Saturdays of babysitting, on pants-- I might do the same.

Actually, I wouldn't. I'd understand as soon as I saw them. I'd say, "here, honey. Here's another 50 dollars-- buy yourself a cute pair of shoes to go with them." Because I'm nice like that. Unlike my mom, who's all about trying to build character by making us weed the yard for the rest of our lives.

Actually, I think it's just that she really doesn't want to weed the yard, and so she needs to pay only 50 cents an hour so that we'll be motivated to get it all done. I mean, it's a big yard.

I don't blame her for that. Heck, I don't blame anyone for anything! I now have the pants!! Ugly Pants Boys of America, give me your best shot. I'm now armored against you and your sly quips-- armored in indigo-haze-washed denim.

Doesn't that sound like a little slice of heaven? Indigo haze washed...

Anyway, I'm putting them on right now. We're going to the Stevensens for family home evening tonight, and I'm going to try them out. On whom, I don't know. I guess, really, I'm trying them out on me.

Yipee!!

0 Wisecracks:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counters
medical assisting schools