Tales of a Ninth-Grade Molly

I'm Molly-- a nice Mormon girl who tries hard not to wear ugly pants. If you're feeling masochistic, entrench yourself in my tame, frustrated, fry-eating existence.

10:15 pm

Wow. I'm flabbergasted.

My mom isn't going to make me weed the garden to pay for ski team! She told me that it's a legitimate expense and she wants me to do a team sport in high school, and so she and Dad will support me by paying for it.

This from the woman who only buys us two shirts, two pairs of pants, and a pair of shoes for each school year. And tells us that if we want "anything extra" we have to earn the money ourselves.

Which means weeding, because, legally, I cannot get a job. And even if I could get a job, mom would have to drive me every day. And she'd probably charge me. Hey, if I were her, I'd charge me.

Well, I mean, who needs more clothes than that, really.

Except I'm starting to feel really self conscious about my stupid pants.

I guess I'll be weeding the garden for a while, after all.

0 Wisecracks:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counters
medical assisting schools