Tales of a Ninth-Grade Molly

I'm Molly-- a nice Mormon girl who tries hard not to wear ugly pants. If you're feeling masochistic, entrench yourself in my tame, frustrated, fry-eating existence.

Monday, Sept. 9th, 9:30 pm

ohhhh, for the love of Mondays.

So this morning, I didn't wake up for some reason. Slept right through my alarm. I think I remember having a dream that my alarm clock was a VCR that I was trying to program in order to tape an episode of Gilmore Girls, my absolutely most favorite show on the face of the planet except my mom made me stop watching it when Rory goes to college because she said it's getting too crass.

At any rate, I think I messed with it.

My mom shook me awake at about 5:57, and I rushed through my morning routine, and got to seminary about 10 minutes late. Just in time for a scripture chase, which I enjoy-- everyone gets so competitive, myself included.

Well today, I was so out of it, that instead of flipping madly through my scriptures, fingering the spot and holding my book up high, I flipped madly through, found the passage, and without thinking, ripped the page out and held it up high.

ALl of my classmates looked at me, horrified. I, myself, was cringing. Isn't there some scripture about fasting for forty days and forty nights if you damage the scriptures?

Maybe not.

At any rate, Ugly Pants Boy smirks at me and wouldn't let me hear the end of it for the rest of class.

It was the third chapter of 1st Nephi, in case you were wondering.

At any rate, school was fine. I forgot one of my homework assignments, but luckily my teacher didn't want to turn it in today, he just wanted to discuss the reading. Which I prayed really hard he wouldn't call on me during, and he didn't!! Wow. My faith has increased a hundredfold.

Anyway, choir went allright. There's this crazy spiritual that we're singing, with a solo that I REAAAALLY want to sing. Like, I can taste how badly I want to sing it. But that means that I have to audition after school sometime. Alone. With my scary white-haired choir teacher.

We'll see.

Ski Practice was allright except Ella kept teasing me about my ugly pants. I think she heard Ugly Pants Boy this morning and thought it was funny enough to continue the joke outside of seminary. It made me mad enough that I beat her in the 2-mile run. I nearly killed myself doing it-- my face was beet red and I nearly hacked both of my lungs up afterward. But it felt Soooooo good.

I think I've decided I'm going to be a better skiier than her this year. Out of pure revenge.

Sorry if that shocks you. But let's face it... girls are mean to each other. And you can either be mean in a lame way, by making fun of someone, or you can be mean in a powerful evil way, like beating someone at their own game.

Thus, I have decided to go to the extra dryland practice this week. My mom will be thrilled for my legs.

On a slighly wierder note, my family had a combined family home evening with these freinds of ours The Stevensens-- another family in our ward. I know them pretty well because, well, we've grown up together, really.

But Most of the kids have either been just a bit too old for me to be freinds with, or too young for me to enjoy. But tonight I decided, I'd better just grit my teeth and try to be freinds with the older kids. I'm a high school student now, for crying out loud. SO what if some of them used to babysit me.

Well, the only one there was Mark. ANd he's been a little wierd lately-- getting all into his switchblade symphony, wearing black trenchcoats and all. But I decieded, what the heck? ANd struck up a conversation.

It was pretty cool, in a wierd sort of way-- he likes to use big words, I can tell. But then, Ella accuses me of this crime as well, so I guess maybe we deserve each other as friends.

I'm tired, and tonight is NOT my dish night, so I'm going to take advantage of the early hour and get the correct hours of sleep tonight.

0 Wisecracks:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counters
medical assisting schools